Well It has come and been done. Kylie got baptized after church today. She was so excited but a little nervous too. It was very good. We started off by singing when I am baptized, I of course started crying the second we started singing, Then I said the opening prayer-- I think I should have said closing because the tears just wouldnt stop. One of the missionaries gave a talk on Baptism. Then we went to the font. We couldnt find the key to get the font doors unlocked. We finally did but it took a few minutes. Atu did a wonderful job baptizing Ky. It was very quick-- if you blinked you would have missed it;) Atu was dressed very quickly but he said the water wasnt very deep so he didnt have much to dry off. Kylie was pretty wet but we were still quick getting back up to the chapel. Grandpa Jim gave a talk on the holy ghost. Then Atu confirmed her with the holy ghost and a wonderful blessing. Atu gave the closing prayer then we ate refreshments. It was very good. I was a little worried when we started filling the font it was cold and wouldnt warm up. luckily it did a little but they keep the water low so that it would keep the warmth. We had a good time AND I am so glad its done!!! too much stress and work. We dont have too many baptisms so we do everything ourselves-- coming up with the program, talks, prayers, songs and then making refreshments... a lot of people stay because it is not often that we get baptisms. The primary presidency helped out with making some refreshments which was very awesome. Kylies dress turned out good...I was very impressed with my sewing. Anyways like I said I am glad its done.
Sunday, August 10, 2008
Kylie Baptism
Well It has come and been done. Kylie got baptized after church today. She was so excited but a little nervous too. It was very good. We started off by singing when I am baptized, I of course started crying the second we started singing, Then I said the opening prayer-- I think I should have said closing because the tears just wouldnt stop. One of the missionaries gave a talk on Baptism. Then we went to the font. We couldnt find the key to get the font doors unlocked. We finally did but it took a few minutes. Atu did a wonderful job baptizing Ky. It was very quick-- if you blinked you would have missed it;) Atu was dressed very quickly but he said the water wasnt very deep so he didnt have much to dry off. Kylie was pretty wet but we were still quick getting back up to the chapel. Grandpa Jim gave a talk on the holy ghost. Then Atu confirmed her with the holy ghost and a wonderful blessing. Atu gave the closing prayer then we ate refreshments. It was very good. I was a little worried when we started filling the font it was cold and wouldnt warm up. luckily it did a little but they keep the water low so that it would keep the warmth. We had a good time AND I am so glad its done!!! too much stress and work. We dont have too many baptisms so we do everything ourselves-- coming up with the program, talks, prayers, songs and then making refreshments... a lot of people stay because it is not often that we get baptisms. The primary presidency helped out with making some refreshments which was very awesome. Kylies dress turned out good...I was very impressed with my sewing. Anyways like I said I am glad its done.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)








1 comment:
Hey Motards
Please update your blog with pictures of me and your kids. um. I would appreciate growing up with my nieces through blogging pictures. Thanks, Josh and Amy
Post a Comment